Hi everybody,
I have a lot to ask and I'm going to try to make this as short as possible giving as much information as I can...

About 4 months ago my mom had surgery on her eyes to lift her eyelids (handled by insurance but somewhat elective). She has battled problems with an exposed bone in he back of her mouth where after sugery she had a skin graph that didn't take very well and ever since she completed radiation she will develop an infection and she takes antibiotics and it will go away. About 2 1/2 months ago she had a PET scan that showed no cancer anywhere but the same spot where the bone is exposed lit up and the person that read the PET scan noted on the report that it was a recurrent tumor. Her doctor did not seem concerned and she went to see him about a month ago and felt in her mouth scoped her and everything and found nothing that seemed like a recurrent tumor.

After the eye surgery my mom says that an area on her jaw felt kind of numb and she has not gotten the feeling back. Then she started feeling what she thought was another infection on Sunday and she mentioned that her mouth was getting harder to open and today she says she can barely get one finger in her mouth. She has an appointment with her ENT tommorrow. I am inclined to think that she has had osteonecr... in the exposed bone area and that this most recent happening of trismus is caused by the dead bone (after reading up on some case studies this is what it sounds like) but I think what I really need is some input from you guys to help put my mind at ease. I know when she had the eye surgery they obviously had to cut through the skin and nerves etc...but up until she had this surgery she would get a minor infection in the exposed area and she would treat with antibiotics and she would be better in a few days.

Please let me know what you guys think?

Thank you,
Dani confused

Originally joined OCF on 12/12/03 as DaniO or Danijams
Dani-Mom SCC BOT & floor of mouth surgery-recur then surgery/rads & chemo completed 3/04
surgery 11/06 to remove dead bone & replace jaw w/ leg bone & titanium plate