Yeah, Danny, that's the way I am now--I look at things and usually, since I know I can't eat them, I just don't care so much. The way I put it to myself is that it's like I'm an "air fern"--I don't eat like all the other plants around me.

Every now and then, though, it gets to me. We had some friends over for dinner--my husband made his homemade pizza and there were two kinds--both just tantalizing combos of stuff and he had gotten appetizers that were all my favorites (his too) and I hadn't filled up through the tube feeeding as they were munching on appetizers. Anyway, when the pizza was done I just felt like I wanted to cry I wanted it so much!!

The first battle is just to get where I can swallow well enough to get off the PEG. But beyond that, I hope I get to where you are someday, even though I know I might not.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"