My greetings to you all...
My Dad had 38 radiation treatments last winter, and then a radical head/neck dissection this past August.
He's doing well, and has gained back most of the 30 pounds he lost. However, he's not been able to have his dentures replaced as yet, since "the architecture of his mouth will continue to change as he heals". (He eats a good breakfast, and drinks 3-4 cans of Deliver daily.) He has fluctuating after-symptoms (Numbness, tingling at the surgery site, and burning in the throat area). My questions are these:

1.How does he deal with the constipation that arises from this limited diet? Should he explore having his denutres replace or wait that out?

2.Is "burning" normal nearly a year after radiation therapy, and almost 8 months after surgery, or is that indicative of another problem? He had a CAT and PET scan recently, that didn't turn anything up. He has a "pinprick" near the surgery site, that he had biposied, but the Tumor Board thinks it's not to worry about. I hait to wait for another axe to fall, but he's so grateful for the reprieve, that perhaps the best decision is no decision...?

I thank all of you for your time -- My best thoughts and prayers go out to you as you continue to face your own challenges.

Best,
Alex