I have never seen a remote bone met from oral cancer discussed at any of the symposia that I go to or heard of it in an oral cancer patient before. Osseous invasion of the disease in the immediate area of the primary of course happens all too often in advanced cases. Of course I'm no authority here. I just went through a search for Cisplatin and bone issues, and while there are a few scattered issues, bone necrosis isn't something that is coming up. Clearly treatments can cause cancers themselves, and osteosarcomas in about year ten, happen in mandibles of patients that have had 72+ cgy of radiation. That is in less than 3% of individuals that get that level of exposure, so don't everyone panic. (For me I would just like to hit that 10 year mark in the first place.) But that is radiation related and in the area treated, not remote from the site. I will ask some questions tomorrow from docs on our advisory board, and see what is said. This could be something completely unrelated to your oral cancer.....

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.