Tom,

I concur with Joanna, from what the director of Hyperbaric Oxygen told me, 30 dives is the recommended treatment length. They do 20 prior to any type of procedure and then 10 afterwards to promote healing. As far as going in for more, I think that would always be an option. The drawback would be the expense and approval from the insurance company. I've been told that these treatments are quite expensive. I've not seen any bills yet, but from what the nurse at the site told me, they are expnesive.

I like you am fearful of the ORN. I know that somewhere along my treatment path, it was explained to me. But I really did not consider it happening to me until I got on this site and began conversing with you guys.

I was almost embarrased to bring up the topic the few times on this forum that I did. I mean, shouldn't someone in my condition be more versed on something like that?

Everyone always asks me if I have increased energy from taking the 100% oxygen. I have not noticed any changes. Other than clearing your ears, the treatment is pretty simple. It's my two hour mid morning nap time now.

Happy St. Patty's Day to all,

John

SCC base of tongue. Diagnosed as stage IV, Sept. '04. Partial glossectomy, Radical neck dissection left side, 37 Radiation sessions, Chemo x 7 weeks. Finished treatments January '05. Cancer surivor!