Thank you for your caring responses. Here's what I was told about Sloan: If a patient is currently in treatment, they do not usually schedule an appointment for a second opinion until the patient is at a decision point in between treatments. I told this to the current doctor, and he said he would intercede. I know he sent all the records, so I'm urging my sister-in-law to be more proactive and and keep nagging at the Sloan doctor's office to insist on an appointment.

Some of their reluctance is that my brother is so very weak, traveling into NYC is an ordeal. I will relay Gail's info about their possibly arranging transportation.

I confirmed with my sister-in-law about the groin procedure. So, while I understand this seems like a circuitous route, there must be some reason for it--I will urge her to question further.

Brian, you are correct in wanting a candid discussion of the situation--however, my family is very adverse to candor--particularly if they might receive some tough information.

Thanks again for the postings. If anyone should have further information or suggestions--I monitor this wonderful site daily.

Best wishes. . .

M.