Hi Eric,

The fun we have looking in places we never looked before! smile

There is a thing called "geographic tongue" that is a benign problem. It shows up as white lines in a random pattern like borders on a map. You may very well have a problem with thrush. Last of all the "irritated" area is most likely because of the problem we all have with no saliva. If you haven't tried it yet get some Biotene mouth wash, and use it. I frequently get raw irritated areas on my tongue and other tissues. Yes they will cause panic attacks. And YES you should make an appointment to have things checked out. More than likely the problem will go away before you get in the dr.'s office.

If you are going to be looking in there with a flash light, get used to having the panic attacks! EVERY time I do that I see something that is sure to be fatal. SO FAR I HAVE BEEN WRONG! laugh

Trust your doctors to do the looking.

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.