Hi Eric,
You need to get everything new in your mouth checked out BUT if I learned one thing after radiation it is this............there are going to be so many weird things pop up in there. Brian told me one time to "be prepared mentally for the TONS of things" I would find in my mouth. The first thing I dealt with was an ulcer on the end of my tongue, had it biopsied as it hung around and it was negative for cancer. It is much smaller but is still there. I also have an area on my cheek that I continue to bite, both sides of my tongue have some trauma from my teeth and from eating all the new foods.
I have a feeling this will continue for awhile yet. Please have it checked out but at the same time take a deep breath and remember that the inside of your mouth is very delicate right now and things will take a bit longer to heal.
Take care,
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.