When I signed the consent form on receiving treatment, one of the side effects listed was thyroid problem as a possible chronic effect.There was blood test after I finished radiation when I complained about not being able to sleep even when I took the sleeping pills. The result showed that the thyroid glands were normal. When more symptoms like what Mark has listed appeared including losing appitite,getting thinner, feeling tired early in the morning, feeling cold all day long, unable to sleep for more than 3 hours despite taking 2 sleeping pills, etc., the doctor became more concerned to find out the correlation between these symptoms and the thyroid. The result again did not show anything abnormal. In fact it was the depression I was experiencing. Two years post treatment now, I am still on regular test on thyroid even though my depression has gradually left me behind. If there is problem with the thyroid, I know it can be dealt with by taking medicine.

Karen stage 4 tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/01.

Karen stage 4B (T3N3M0)tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/2001.Concurrent chemo-radiation treatment ( XRT x 48 /Cisplatin x 4) ended in 12/01. Have been in remission ever since.