My Dad gets physiotherapy at home once a week. All she really does on each visit is come for 20 mins and talk. She showed him the excersises on the first visit; and he does them each day, sometimes as often as 5 times a days. We would like to get message thereapy; or advise on what messages to do. He had bilateral ND.

The physio therapist said to message the neck in circular movements. The surgeon didn't give us any instructions on messaging; only when asked about the swelling in the cheaks; he said to message the face downard.

Good idea about the dr's note; I think it makes both the therapist and the patient feel more comfortable.

My Dad's neck is very stiff from the ND surgery. He can turn to one side pretty good; not the other as much. He can't lift his arms up very high.

I message his back daily with one of those little vibrating hand things; just because it feels nice. We don't want to do anything we shouldn't do to the neck shoulders and scar.

Thanks
LisaB

My Dad (Sam) at age 69 dx SCC Base of Tongue T1N2C Well-Diff - March 2006.

35 IMRT rads & 3 Cisplatin chemos - Apr-June/06. Nodes shrunk 50% Dr's suggest ND. Negative PET - he declined ND.

March/07 Had Bilateral ND. No Cancer!! Doing Well!