I recently subscribed to a service called the MOSS Reports (Ralph W. Moss, PhD) that provided an approx. 400 page report on tongue cancer (both traditional and complementary treatments) and I also receive general cancer research newsletters on a regular basis now. In the one I received yesterday, he basically examines a series of papers showing that berries of various kinds have potent anticancer activity and the benefit of incorporating berries (fresh and flash-frozen) into one's daily diet. He particularly points out black raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries and says that human clinical studies have already begun. Of particular interest, he notes that Chris Weghorst, PhD from Ohio State University has shown that black raspberries can inhibit cancer of the oral cavity. Looks like we're going to start eating our daily berries as a precaution. Guess I can Vita-Mix them into my husband's shakes for now.
P.S. The 400 page report would have been great back in January when my husband was first diagnosed. For the cost though, I felt like I had pretty much found the same information through my own research on the internet. And in fact, in some areas it seemed just a bit out of date. However, I do like getting the newsletter updates.

Wife of Jerry - Dx. Jan '05. SCC BOT T1N2BM0 + Uvula T0N0M0. Stg IV, Surg on BOT and Uvula + Mod Rad Neck Diss.(15 rmvd, 4 w/cancer), IMRT 33x. Cmpltd 5/9/05.