Zenda, search back on previous posts, I think we talked about the mushroom thing before. Right after I finished treatment, one of the managers of the factory I work with came up with several box's of mushroom capsules, a mix of several types supposedly designed to help the immune system fight cancer cells. Now the particular person who gave this to me is a doctor here in China, where they use herbal remedies a lot.

My wife also insists I take the "mushroom pills," and since I'm not on any other medication, and the main thing it does is promote domestic tranquility, I go ahead and do it. If I don't there's hell to pay around the Hobo household. Variety of mushroom isn't Maitake though, it's another type that starts with a "G". I want to say gandolfini, but that's the guy on "Soprano's" Anway, I'm not exactly convinced it helps, but in my case it's not hurting.

If you're insistant on doing the herbal route, go to a GOOD chinese herbal doctor. I've done the herbal teas for other issues, and some actually work, some don't. Also, for some issues herbal remedies are not recommended, and the herbalist should be able to steer you clear also.

Just my observation from personal experience. Not making any claims or recomendations to stray from generally accepted western medicine guidelines.

Bob

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.