Hi Margaret,

I wished I had asked that same question when we started all this. I have also done spreadsheets with all his bills mainly because it was hard to keep everything straight. I have also kept a sheet with his Medicines that he takes. This has on it the Drug name, Amount of Medication (Mg), Dosage to take along with how often, Dr who ordered it, What he takes it for, Pharmacy and When I logged it. I keep it in my binder and take to all appt. I also have one that I have listed the Drug, Time that was given, Date, Feeding, Time, Date, Calories and Can #. This is all done in the landscape set-up so it all fits on one page. I have one blank one on a clipboard in the bathroom where all his med and feeding is done. This has all been worth the extra time it takes. If there is a reaction I note that on the Drug report.
You will also want to get all his lab reports each week this can also be kept in the notebook. I have also received copies of the scans and biopsy reports this was good to have when we went into see his ENT Dr and he had not received the reports and this way you can ask questions about the results too. I also kept a paper with his pressure and wt. on it.
My husband laughed at first but I think now he is glad this was all done. Even tho we are thru with treatment he stills keeps track of everything.
I hope this helps. It does get better. He finished with his radiation May 31 and tomorrow he is going to go back to work don't know how many hours he will work but even if its 2 hours come home and rest and then go back for another 2 hours that will be ok. He does have to work 25 hours a week to maintain his insurance which they just changed the first of July and now we have to call because they won't cover his feeding and if that wasn't bad enough the drugstore we were using won't accept that insurance co. Sure glad we will beable to go back to our reg. drugstore.
Good luck. You have found a great forum I check it at least 2x's a day.

Janet

CG: Larry 61
Dx first Biopsy 7-06, 2nd biopsy 1-07, T1,N1,Mo Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Tongue on right side. All teeth removed in Feb 07, had 2 wks on chemo. 31 treatments of Radiation.

CG to Larry 61, 1st Dx 8-18-06 TlNoMo SCC Right Lateral Tongue- second Dx 1-25-07 Right neck dissection-T1N1Mo. Treatment started 3-20-07 Radiation & Etyhol Finish 5-31-07