I just went thru the samr thing with my boyfriend.He saw the doctor on May 16,2005 was setup to see the ent on the May23 2005 and was laid off May 18 2005.He had no insurance.He is brick layer the company he worked paid good wages but offered no ins.So I had him apply for SSI instead of SSDI,because medicaid comes with the SSI.Had he applied for SSDI he woulkd have had to wait 2 years for medicare.At this point I did not care 2 hoots about the money I was more concerned about medicaid.He applied for SSI over the phone 5 days before his port and peg were put in.I copied that paper work and gave it to them.This was on June 15, 2005.I own the home we live in and he drives an older truck.Inhave never in my life seenanyone get SSI or any state ir federal asst as fast as he did.He recieved his first check today June 30,2005.It took 15 days.I was totally shocked.Since he lives with me the money is not much under 400.00 but the medicaid is worth its wait in gold.A lot of SSI and SSDI depends on the illness.As a matter of fact he had asked that his tx be in the afternoons so he could find a job and work if he did find one.HIs