Hi Everyone,
Happy New Year! This time last year Bob and I along with 3 other couples were awaiting the arrival of a limo to take us out on a special New Year's Eve "night on the town" This year, Bob is in bed and I have many new friends from the OCF forum. My question for you is this: How much time should I plan to take off towards the end of his treatment. He is only 2 weeks into it . Chemo makes him tired about 36 hours after treatment. Radiation is not too bad yet. He is just beginning to get some soreness in his mouth. I know everyone is different, but I need to plan ahead. I am a teacher and need to prepare for when I'm off. I had planned on taking the last 2-3 weeks of his treatment off. My principal and co workers are wonderful and I have months of sick leave myself. I would like to know from those who have been through this, how much care and support will Bob need? He is being brave and says I don't need to be home with him, but I know otherwise.

Amy
CG to husband Bob, age 42. DX Dec. 1,2006, SCC base of tongue Stage IV spread to lymph nodes.Currently receiving Taxol and Carboplatin. Rad. Surgery for removal of lynph nodes scheduled for late March.