Hi Wendy -
I know the delays can be very frustrating. You get this diagnosis and then everything seems to just stop. The urgency for treatment given by the doctors making the diagnosis does not match the availability on their schedules. When my husband was diagnosised with Stage VI, BOT SCC it took almost six weeks to get 'things rolling'. While he is waiting, suggest that Bill work on building up his stamina - he is going to need it. Walking everyday, etc. It will give him (and you) a tangible 'thing' to do.

I totally agree with Gary about having someone go in with Bill to take notes and also to ask more detailed questions. That bit of advice from the survivor stories was priceless to us during Kenny's treatments. I am his 'pay attention' person with all appointments. During treatments Bill will probably see the doctor for consultation every week - that is the time to talk about everything - nutrition, mental health, family situations, I mean everything. Your doctors can't help you if they don't know what is going on at home.

Keep us posted on Bill's progress - and don't forget that you aren't alone.

Carol -

Carol R - caregiver to hubby Ken. Stage 4, SCC, BOT. 6/05 dx, 9/25/05 last tx, 5/06 stroke. Four years cancer free! Still taking things 1 day at a time.