Scared, angry and incredibly saddened, no wonder. This is a horrible thing. To go from suddenly seeming ok, with no apparent warning, to having the whole earth drop out from under you. I can't describe it. I am touched and feel pain for the 2 of you, yet know that my feelings are not at all what you must be going through. I wish I could find words.

The rambling, unpredictable nature of this cancer is part of what makes it so scarey. It is hard to say at what point the cancer suddenly grew and blossomed. Feeling powerless to the disease, I see the need to question what could we have done differently, should we have pressed for more tests, etc. But the evidence seems to show that the cancer CAN come back and rear its ugly fangs rapidly and unpredictably. It is the fear we at this site live with and dread.

I know many people who have had strentgh and supportive services from their local hospice center to help deal with the issues you must be dealing with now.

Wishing you peace and strength,
michelle

History of leukoplakia <2001-2004. SCC lateral tongue 9/03; left radical neck dissection & hemiglosectomy 10/03, T2-3,N0M0; 28 IMRT radiation completed 12/03. 30 HBO dives Oct-Nov 04 for infections and bone necrosis -mandible.