Well, dear friends, I guess I wasn't emotionally prepared for a radiation treatment! Maybe I'm just tooooo sensitive/emotional, but boy, when they put that mask on Tom, I nearly lost it! I didn't get hysterical or anywhere near dramatic, but I certainly had tears pouring down my face!
He seemed perfectly calm - - - how does ANYONE make it through those sessions without wanting to scream? I'll admit to being claustrophobic, but wouldn't anyone get that sensation with the mask?
Anyway, I survived - as did he! The good news is that the radiation doc said he felt the chemo has done about an 80% job of getting this thing on the run, and that the tumor should respond very well to the radiation smile

It is late, but I wanted to record this 'sensation'........
(Tom refused to take the last day's worth of Xeloda today because his skin is red and fiery........I couldn't get a response from my call to the chemo nurse to find out if he'll be OK with missing those doses...
Night all..
Nicki

Nicki, wife of Thomas
dx July 2004, SCC, Stage 4 Tonsil. Tx begun 8/4/04. Cisplatin/Xeloda x 4; IMRT 7 wks, 8/7 - 10/25/04 Modified Radical Dissection (right), Selective Dissection (Left) 12/10/04.