Betty-
I started bawling when I read your message. I'm sure all us caregivers (especially) understand the melancholy feelings. My guy was too beaten from his treatment to even know what was going on but he knew no matter what, I'd be there (good, bad or ugly). My heart sings with joy that you have the blessing of being a part of nurturing your sister and it weeps that circumstances are such...

All the memories of my Uptown's (Ed's) days in infusion came flooding back. He was so worn out and God blessed me with Ed's trust and the engergy to keep the warm blankets, soft drinks, soups, emesis basins coming. His radiation was every weekday morning and during the entire treatment he never stopped throwing up... Argh. frown

I wish I could hug you (as much for you as the selfish me). Cancer has such a way of stripping all the "pretty" faces we tend to hide behind and exposing the really beautiful things - love and humble appreciation.

God's blessings to you AND your sister.

Susan

Caregiver to Uptown/Ed, SCC Stage IV, Base of tongue - Completed Chemo (Cisplatnin/5FU) and 45 days' simultaneous Radiation 10/08/03