Hi Everyone:

I'm posting this here because every caregiver and supportive partner knows the hell that is called check-up day and I am probably one of the worst offenders for thinking the world is about to cave in every time Dave has a check-up. Just want to let you know, that despite my craziness and feeling like a top spinning precariously all day yesterday, Dave did have a clear scope and a clean check-up.This makes 16 months since diagnosis and almost 12 since surgery and radiation ended. He goes to the radiation doc again in three months and our trusted ENT who I love next month.

Of course, compared to dealing with my anxiety every check-up day, the scope is a piece of cake. I'm trying to get better at being in the watchful waiting zone but just don't think "calm and Kim" go in the same sentence where Dave's health is concerned.

Funny, when I bumped in to DIGTEXAS on line yesterday, he typed one line-"Dave will be fine today". So,why can't I do that???? Maybe this is the men are from Mars women are from Venus discussion....!

Anyway, thanks for all of you who thought of Dave yesterday-it was much appreciated as always.

Good day to everyone today and especially to our brave friend Packer 66.

Kim

kcdc
Wife of Dave,diagnosed with Stage III Tonsillar SCC,August '02
Modified radical neck dissection followed by radiation therapy
'There is glory and radiance in the darkness and to see we have only to look"