Hi Amy,

Thanks for a vote for the dentists that do screenings. Unfortunately, there are more stories like Vin's and Lisa's than there are like yours.

You and I, and Lisa and I have had some private discusions on this subject and you both no how disappointed and frustrated I am with so many members of my profession.

We can all help in our own way. Lisa will be passing on to her previous dentist a modified version of an article that I wrote for SPOHNC in their newsletter for oral, head and neck cancer survivors. I know some OCF members get this newsletter and had a chance to read it. I recently rewrote the article for a dental journal and it is being mailed out this week or next. I believe it will reach most of the dentists in PA and many in NJ. This is one of my little things to try to make the wake up call for "early detection".

After it is published, Brian will be putting it on the website.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"