Thanks for the ideas Connie. I have decided to try to to it with 50 members raising one $50.00
donation each month. This would generate $2500.00
to the Foundation per month or $30.000.00 annually.
I will start a list of members who want to help out. This is one way we can all give back something to the Foundation that has helped so many. I would like all envelopes and receipts in your hands by Dec 1st.

Some tips on requesting the donation.
1) donation Brochures and envelopes should be handed out personnaly. This is the time to tell them why it's so important to you. Explain how much good work this Foundation does with no state or federal funding. It is a non-profit organization with a very high percentage of any funds received going dieectely to running the website by the founder Brian Hill. Fill out the bottom portion of the donation envelope with your name and address and write in the amount above. Place a stamp on the envelope prior to handing it out. If possible try and get the pledge in person and you can mail it yourself.
Distribute the envelopes to those you know will follow through on the pledge. I will create a receipt to write out to give them after for tax purposes. Will follow soon.
On the receipt hand write a personal note thanking them for there generous donation to such a good cause. The donation envelopes should arrive at The Oral Cancer Foundation around the first of each month. This will insure an even cash flow to the Foundation.

The goal is to have this set-up and ready to go by 1/1/06. This will give me time to get the 50 members to help out, mail out the donation envelopes and litature.
I was hoping the brochure handed out with the donation envelope would be all that is required.
If you think pins are necessary let me know and I will talk to Brian.

Would like to think of a name for this fund drive. So far: (2006 Oral Cancer Foundation Fund Drive)
Any suggestions are welcome.
Remember by hook or crook I am going to make this happen. We have several members who have committed and I hope to here from more of you soon. Have roughly a little over two months to get everything in place.
Remember you can reach me through PMs. emails or phone. 920 766-9040

Love Ya All, Danny Boy

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006