Hi Amy,

I'm glad you are out of boot camp. You are so correct about " been there done that" for most of us. The product biotene, which I purchase at Walgreens has both a toothpaste and mouth wash. It is expterely gentle and was designed for people who have problems from radiation in the oral cavity. Hopefully that will help with the inside of the mouth. The "thick stuff in his mouth does get much better after radiation.
I made alot of smoothies, carnation instant breakfasts, and was able to eat yogert and ice cream. I was told by my oncologist that Carnation Instant Breakfast had the same or almost the same ingredients as did Ensure etc. I found the instant breakfast tasted so much better. Also I had much less problems with constipation using Instant Breakfast. Fortunately I own a Vita-Mix Blender which is a commercial blender and makes smoothies using fruits and vegitables much easier and more nutritious(sp?) Hang in there it will get better and I'm glad you realize you are not alone in this new challange in life. Best of Luck
Hacklene

Hacklene