Thanks for pointing that section out, Brain. i did go read it much more carefully than I had earlier (when it was all theoretical). The pictures there of mucositis looked like my mouth. Then again, the pictures of small white spots of candida also could have been what's in my mouth in acouple of spots. I'll ask the radiation oncologist if he can take a sample today during the exam. Perhaps if I get the guts, I'll drag my fingernail across first although that sounds painful.

The magic mouthwash I am using 4 times day has Nystatin and tretracycline in it. I assume that if I had thrush, that would help control it? I assume if what I have now is "just" mucositis, it will get a lot worse before it gets better since I still have two chemo treatments and 4 weeks of rad. to go so hopefully I can at lest find some relief for the discomfort. So far, the Gelclair seems to be helping a little more .

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"