The headrests are supposed to be different for each patient? Like molded to their head or something? I don't think that's the case here.

I think they were trying to line me up to the same position (exactly) that I was in for the CT scan, where that same spot on the back of my head also hurt by the end but not quite so badly. Once they've done the CT scan and whatever they did today (they did take alignment xrays) with me in that painful position, am I right in thinking they'd have to do everything over to change it so I don't hurt?

I did say soemthing today. Apart from letting out agonized moans I don't know how I could have been clearer--as soon as it started hurting I said "this is really painful in the back of my head--it feels like it's digging into my skull and they said "well I'm sorry but there's really nothing we can do to help with that right now" (technician) and "alignment is very important" (physicist). When they next came back into the room, after about 15 minutes more of the rock-digging-into-head pain I said to them "there has to be a way this isn't so PAINFUL. It feels like someone is trying to crack my head with a rock" and they said "we're over halfway through do you think you can hang in there?". At the end, they did call me a "trooper" and told me on Monday Dr. Z would be there and could give me some painkillers (I really don't want to be drugged to the edge of oblivion just for this. I thought that would wait until the burns and mouth pain started). frown

They never volunteered that they could do something with my positioning to not make it quite so painful. If that would mean starting this whole thing from scracth, I wonder if they will. Does anyone know if that's what it would mean?

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"