Cindy, I had some pretty bad anxiety the last few days of my radiation treatment. I felt like I was crawling inside and I could not sit still nor was I happy up and moving around. I couldn't lie in bed, I just felt like I would explode. I would wring my hands and pace which is not at all my personality. My husband took me to the ER the first night but the wait was so long that we came home. I spent the night walking the neighborhood with one of my grown daughters, and walking at a FAST pace. Around 4am she took me to a different ER and it was not crowded so I saw a doc. They gave me a shot of ativan and I was able to go home and sleep for a couple hours before my last radiation treatment. I felt ok until a few hours after my treatment and the anxiety took hold of me again. The doctor called in some ativan for me and put me on a graduated dose, meaning the dose kept getting less so that within a week I wasn't taking them anymore. I think I took them for a few days. My doctor said I was having withdrawal from a medication I was taking for nausea that I stopped taking abruptly and my nerves were shot. I also think lack of sleep was adding to everything. The end of treatment is the worst. Now it's uphill from here.
Good luck with it.
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.