Dear Gary: Oh my goodness I know what you mean! Dan has had problems with constipation since b4 he was even diagnosed, as he was taking narcotics long b4 due to the intense pain. So we got that worked out early on......Thankfully, Dan can manage the baking soda and salt water rinses, but even with the rx washes, he can not always swallow even water. Thank goodness for the PEG....he hated it, but I don't know what we would do now if he didn't have it!!!! Dan also had thrush the first wk of treatment, so he has been on meds ever since for that one too! WOW, I was hoping beyond hope, that the thick mucous would just "disappear" when the rad stopped.....but in my heart I knew that was most likely not going to happen. That is just so strange, how you say that one day it is just gone! Well, I'm sure waiting anxiously for that day. I know Dan will beat this and get thru it just like yourself and so many of the others, but what a tough road to travel, 'eh? Thanks Gary for the info......I will pass it along to my Italian Prince!

Michelle G.

Michelle