Dear Angie,

I'm sorry this is belated, but my visits to the board have been sporadic and I just now saw your post. I know Kim fought a hard battle and it's so sad to hear she has lost. There really are no words to express my sorrow. 24 is just too young!

Please accept my condolences. If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to e-mail me. I am not a counselor, but Heather has been gone for more than a year now so I have been through most all aspects of the grieving process. Heather's ordeal was very similar to Kim's and if my experience would help you in even the smallest way, I wouldn't mind sharing it. Please convey my condolences to your mother. Her heart must surely be breaking. If I could, I would gladly share her pain.

Love,
Rosie

P.S. I have made a donation to OCF in Kim's name. I issue a challenge to other OCF members to do the same.

Was primary caregiver to my daughter Heather who had stage IV base of tongue SCC w/ primary recurrence. Original diagnosis August 21st, 2002. Primary recurrence March 18th, 2003. Died October 6th, 2003.