I didn't know where to post this, but I figured that since this is where I posted often about Kim's treatment and condition it would be ok here.

Yesterday, at 4:25pm, Kim's fight with the cancer stopped. I don't want to say that she stopped fighting because I truly believe that she fought to the end. With only a few short hours of life left, Kim was still kicking her legs, squeezing our hands, and letting us know that she was very much alive and with us.

The cancer was too aggressive. It literally ate away the entire right side of her neck, which eventually ate through a main artery in her neck, causing her to bleed. We couldn't get the bleeding to stop, and knew that this was it. We all got to say good-bye to her as she entered into to paradise. I feel so honored that I got to hold her hand as she took her last breath. Her death was very peaceful and calm. She didn't struggle at all and felt no pain. She died with dignity, family, friends, love, and support. She even made it to her 24th birthday!

I know she is in a much better place, but I still can't help the selfish feeling of wanting her back with us. At least I know she is not suffering anymore. Her battle was severe and very painful for her. I am grateful for the time that I did spend with her, and I have no regrets about putting my life on hold for over a year to be with her through this.

I know she would have wanted me to let you all know that she passed. Although she only posted a few times on here, I know this site and forum helped and supported her. I know your thoughts, prayers, and support helped me throughout this fight.

Thank you again for everything! God Bless you all. You are all in my prayers!

Angie

Sister of Kim, a 24 year old cancer fighter diagnosed on 12/5/04, who fought strong and hard and died with dignity and honor on 1/3/05.