Hi, all! I love you!
We are HOME smile He is a mess, but better than before, and with a voice that sounds a bit like a sick Jimmy Stewart smile A friend has stopped over so I'm taking a minute to thank you all for your support (again!! ) I can't get enough of you!

His scar runs from one ear to the other, with a dip below the Adam's apple. Most distressing to see at this point, but MUCH BETTER than a friend of ours (we met him during radiation) who had a single-side dissection the day after Tom. His scar runs seems much more drastic, and he was closed with those staples and I can see what a (good) difference having the stitches will be.

Tom is numb from the right ear to the right shoulder and all across the incision. He is on NO pain meds smile but does need a sleeping pill (nothing new!) His attitude now is that every step forward in recovery is one that will not be taken back as it seemed to be with each subsequent chemo/rad treatment.

I crashed on the sofa when we got home - and could easily be sleeping now. I think I'll
plan on sleeping in with him tomorrow, amd make just a quick show at the office tomorrow. He doesn't like being without me, and I'm happy to hand around! We go back on Tuesday to have stitches removed and hear the pathology results. They have said he has a 95% chance of being here another 2 years, but I'm not paying attention to statistics....we have many years to spend finding out what God wants of us! We know there is a reason all this was brought to our door, and we intend to find what it is smile !

Love to all! Get those brochures out to the public! It is so much easier than I expected and people (even smokers!) seem truly interested.
Nicki

Nicki, wife of Thomas
dx July 2004, SCC, Stage 4 Tonsil. Tx begun 8/4/04. Cisplatin/Xeloda x 4; IMRT 7 wks, 8/7 - 10/25/04 Modified Radical Dissection (right), Selective Dissection (Left) 12/10/04.