I am happy to report my brother's checkup went well. There is no longer activity in the chest or lymph nodes and they thing the spot on his lung is a scar from radiation. He is having a great deal of pain in his mouth right now and the doctors cannot tell if it is an infection or cancer. They think the tumor is still shrinking on this tongue. I'm just so relieved it is out of the secondary areas! They send him to the first doctor he saw back in July to further evaluate the infection and that doctor asked him where he'd been. Seems David was suppose to see him every 4 weeks since JULY! We had continually asked his other doctors when he would see the first one again and they said, "Not till we're through with him and this is over." The first doctor said he was the only one who could evaluate the status of the tumor and could have helped head off this infection and is now trying to help my brother manage the pain he has been dealing with for so many months now. That was the last straw for me. I said, we've got to get you to Houston! So we are trying our third time for admission. Please keep this situation in your prayers. The radiologist said he is still terminal, but his body's response to the radiation and chemo has definately prolonged his lifespan. We are so thankful for each day, hour and minute, realizing, while some have more, so many have less.
We buried my husband's cousin's wife yesterday. She was 41 with a husband, a 13 year-old son and a 2 year-old daughter. Uterian cancer. We loved her so. She was such a good person and faithful to God until the end, thanking him, even in her pain, for his blessings. When the preacher left her bed the night she died, she reached for his hand and said, "Bless you." I am in awe of her strength and wisdom. We had sheilded my 5 year old niece from JoLynn's death, thinking that as a child, my brother's illness was enough for her to deal with. When my sister had to take my place at my brother's doctor visit, so I could attend the funeral, my little neice was upset and said, "Why didn't you tell me Kelby's mom was sick? I could have prayed for her." She has prayed so hard for my brother, even praying for him in her sleep. Quite the little prayer warrior.
Anyway, I seem to have gotten off topic, but I wanted to give you an update.
As always, you are each and everyone in our thoughts and prayers daily,
Tonya

Sister of 32 year-old oral cancer victim. Our battle is over but the war rages on. My brother passed July 26, 2005. He was a smokeless tobacco user.