Hey Nikki,
I got layed off right after Dan started treatment and just now went back to work. I don't know if I could have worked. When Dan had trouble sleeping, so did I. We both spent many nites in the living room..Dan in the recliner and me on the couch sleeping off and on. We watched lots of tv together and took walks as Dan could. I also walked the dog on my own everyday which was my crying time to God to give me the strength and courage to watch my husband suffer and finds ways to help him, not pity him. As hard as it all was and still is, I would not trade all the time we were able to spend together. We had never had that time before and I cherish it. We didn't ever have to talk much...just being there together helped us both very much. I guess everyone is different, but I took the time and was very glad that I did. I think it actually helped Dan to have me there all the time.
God bless and take care,
Debbie

Debbie - Caregiver for husband, Dan, diagnosed with tongue cancer 7/03. Partial gloss., mod. neck dissections, graft. Recurrence neck tumor 12/03. Radical left neck dissection 12/24/03-unable to get all the tumor. 8 weeks chemo/rad beginning 1/12/04.