Hi, All..
Tom's first 'day out' didn't go as well as we'd hoped. A friend came by to visit, and ended up driving Tom to a party being held at Tom's office. Tom's been asleep since I got home, but the friend called to tell me that Tom got sick on the way in - - but insisted on getting to the office. From what I understand, he was able to stay around there for about one hour, and a co-worker brought him home. Guess he's been asleep since.
I'm glad he got out - he hasn't seen some of his employees since September - and hope the episode of vomiting doesn't deter him from venturing out again. A very good friend is testing for 6th degree black-belt tomorrow night, and I know he wants to be there. I'm not so certain I want him in a poorly-ventilated dojo with a lot of people, some of whom you KNOW will be carrying something!

QUESTION - Is a CTscan a definitive test, or would another PETscan be needed to see if there are still 'hot spots?'

Talk to you all soon. This is a big ol' lonely house with just me rolling around in it.....having him up and about will be a good thing! smile
Nicki

Nicki, wife of Thomas
dx July 2004, SCC, Stage 4 Tonsil. Tx begun 8/4/04. Cisplatin/Xeloda x 4; IMRT 7 wks, 8/7 - 10/25/04 Modified Radical Dissection (right), Selective Dissection (Left) 12/10/04.