Hi, Everyone...
Tom had his last round of chemo on Friday and the weekend went pretty darn well. The last three days, however, have been just horrible; he can't keep anything down - not even water - and I think he vomits all the pain meds he takes. He's gotten sick immediately after getting off the radiation table and has lost 10 lbs in the past week. The radiation doc is having me bring him in early tomorrow for some intravenous nourishment and meds......
Needless to say I'm worried and feeling less than helpless. I was not happy, either, that when they did his weekly blood draw, the did not include a clotting sample....although I told them the one doctor ordered it, they said they only had orders for the CBC...sigh...I know that means they'll poke him again tomorrow...

The ride has wiped me out (drizzly rain makes me sleepy, anyway.....and 90 minutes of it is ucky..) so I'm going to open a can of soup and crash.

Just thought I'd vent.
Love you all
Nicki

Nicki, wife of Thomas
dx July 2004, SCC, Stage 4 Tonsil. Tx begun 8/4/04. Cisplatin/Xeloda x 4; IMRT 7 wks, 8/7 - 10/25/04 Modified Radical Dissection (right), Selective Dissection (Left) 12/10/04.