Hello all...

One more chemo treatment and three more radiation appointments, and I AM DONE with this latest -- and hopefully final -- round of treatments...

After living out of hotels for six weeks (thank God for the Tour de France and Olympics!), I am so ready to get on with my life and come on home for good...

Actually, my 50-minute radiation treatments weren't all that bad. I just kicked back, tried to stay still and listened to tunes the entire time. I only had to ask them to stop the beam once, and that's because I felt my head slide a bit after swallowing too hard. Whoops!

It was a pleasant surprise when my radiation tech told me this past Wednesday that my last five treatments were only going to last 15 minutes because they were just giving me a boost to the tumor-bed area... I felt like I was cheating or something the first day of the boost, but I wasn't complaining...

I'd be a lot more excited if I didn't have this third round of chemo coming up as well... It definitely takes my stomach for a ride for a week or so... which means I don't eat much... which means I lose more weight... which means doctors and others heckle me about that more and more... arrggg...

Anyway, I covered a high school football game for my newspaper on Friday night, and felt pretty good working a 7.5 hour day today (Saturday) getting the paper out. Can't wait to get back to that normal routine...

MRI scheduled for a month from now, with a PET probably in two months or so...

Thanks, everyone, for your encouragement during this time...

Tongue cancer (SCC), diagnosed Oct. 2003 (T2 N0 M0). Surgery to remove tumor. IMRT Radiation 30x in Dec 2003 - Jan. 2004. Recurrence lymph node - radical neck dissection June 2004. Second round of rad/chemo treatments ended Sept. 2004.