Thanks you guys. Erbitux is the same thing as Cetuximab. Unfortunately it didn't slow my ca. I participated in a study in 2002 at The Center for Advanced Medicine/Washington University Medical School in St. Louis and hung in for 3 months. I ended up with a very bad staphe infection on my skin and that's why they finally made me stop. I believe I held out longer than the others in the study. It was pretty gruesome. Exception of one guy and he was taking a combination of other drugs along with the Erbitux. He had some benefit and was being treated for colerectal ca.

Funny that you mentioned Erbitux now becoming available for H&N in the USA because on my last doctors visit when I asked which chemo. we would try next he said, "Well there is this new drug called Erbitux and.." I interrupted him with, "You've gotta be kidding. You already sent me to that study Dr. E, remember!!" He quickly said, "Oh, oh, yeah that's right. Well then uh, maybe we'll do Taxotere and Gem-something." I don't think he looks at my chart half the time. I'm hoping he is just brilliant but slightly absent minded??? confused
Thanks for your replies! smile
Much Love to all of you,
Candle

SSC Larynx/Supraglottic Laryngectomy'98. Max Radiat-'98,'01. Liver resect-'00. Metastasis to lt lung'02&rt lung'04. Carboplatin&Taxol&Ifosfamide&Taxotere'00.Cetuximab'02.Cysplatin&Topotecan'03.