Hi,
I haven't posted in a few weeks...we were just awaiting surgery for my mom's stage 4 oral cancer on her lower gums with possible 2 nodes involved.

She had her surgery yesterday and is still in ICU but seems to be stable. The surgery ran longer than expected because the surgeon ran into some complications. They had tried to remove part of her jawbone and leave enough for her to function with but the remaining bone shattered so they had to do an implant with titanium. Also they noticed some tongue involvement and had to take a small portion of her tongue at the very back.

Due to limited bed space she had to be kept in the recovery room for about 10 hours after surgery and we only got to see her twice for about 2 minutes each time.

She looked so so frightened and it broke my heart to leave her there with a bunch of strangers unable to communicate. I cried and cried all the way home and for a few hours after. She looked so frail and was still on a respirator and was in alot of distress the second time i saw her.

I prayed that she would make it through the night.

I have a two year old at home and a 10 yr old home from school sick so I could not go to the hospital this morning to see her or be with her.

My sister went first thing this morning and has been with her all day.

She said she is resting more comfortably today and was even able to write a few questions down.

I have so many questions to ask of all the experts on here but right now a sick child is summoning me.

Please keep my mom (mary) in your prayers.

Thanks,
Jackie