Decision time is closing in on me. I thought I had already made that decision but now am having second thoughts.

When talking with my radiation doc during the original meeting, he told us that he had not seen much, if any, difference in the after/side effects of the two, and said he would suggest traditional treatment.

As I understand it, I am Stage 2, borderline 3, T2N0,M0, base of tongue SCC. Doc has been on vacation since a couple days after my meeting with him so at this point I have no idea what the plan of attack is to be. He said he may consider treatment twice daily. Not knowing what questions to ask at that point I did not ask if that would mean lower doses. I suppose the effect would be the same on me though as far as side effects. The doctors at Moffett Cancer Center confirmed that radiaiton and chemo should be the treatment of choice, but no mention of which mode of radiation.

Today I had the necessary teeth removed, 3 of them. That essentially puts the start of radiation and chemo somewhere around the 22nd.

What difference, if any, have any of you encountered with IMRT vs traditional? Are the side effects, mucositis etc pretty much the same? Is this something I should be driving myself crazy over? Confusion is something I try to avoid as much as I can. I am a one man insurance agency and have visions of being able to service my clients, with the occasional day when that will not be possible. Is there too much rose coloring in the little bubble I am in?

No love, no friendship can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. - Francois Mauriac

Thank you for leaving your mark.