As a newcomer to OCF [March 05]I'm having several reactions to the above posts. 1st, I wish someone would enlighten me as to the objections to a peg. I know for sure that if my husband had not had a peg inserted during his surgery, he would most likely be gone today as a result of dehydration and malnutrition. We still struggle with those two issues daily. 2nd. The "idle conversation" I read during my first month here is what taught me how to look for the issues we would be dealing with during treatment, how to find the meaning of the terms and words associated with SCC[which we'd never seen before] and it gave me reassurance that this battle could be fought and won with love,grace,humor,support and prayer.3rd. I don't know where to look for and learn the "rules" about what the appropriate things are to say in a post.And I need the definition of "thread" Finally, I hope I can find the time to find all of Glen's posts.Sounds like interesting reading. Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

: