I apologize if my post seemed to be an attempt to cause trouble. If anything it was an attempt to jab (humor) at those healed PEG scars.

While we do sometimes wander off-thread I don't see it as a problem as much as it is similar to a face-to-face conversation between friends. Frequently conversations wander around and while that may result in informality, I don't find informality that bothersome. Over the years we have had some very humorous volleys but in the context of serious subjects. I believe in the value of humor. If I have taken liberties today and in the past, those liberties were likely intended with some kind of humor mixed in.

I don't think that this (idle) conversation should cause worry or be concerned that the Forum is not completing a mission. Forums are driven by the needs of the group. I believe there is a very broad representation of personalities here and that has very significant value. It means almost any new person can find someone already here to relate to.

A rich cross-section of people: helping people.

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.