Tim, I have been following this thread and thought about posting twice befor this. I didn't because I didn't want the responsibility for urging you to do this or not to dothis. In other words I am in the same boat as you (well except that I don't have the real worry).

On the one hand this could help you and also help fellow cancer patients. On the other hand you might find out this stuff is really bad.

The reality of phase 1 testing is that someone has to do it........ confused

So while this note probably won't sway you one way or the other, I just want you to know that someone else is contemplating what decision you face. (part of that positive vibes thing)

In some quick searching I found positive information in that this same drug has been through clinical phase III testing for non small cell lung tumors. Those studies found an improvement and fairly low side effects.

I'd like to hear what your Onc. says.

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.