That's my concern. What's the downside? Will it prevent the use of a known treatment if a recurrence does occur? Etc.

I have had a significant amount of experience with and exposure to clinical trials for a variety of drug substances over the past few years. One thing I have discovered is that there is almost always an unstated or suspected downside. The other thing that I have learned is that the potential patient population is where that information resides. With such a vested interest, I think this population just tends to think a bit more aggressively that the doctors.

I agree with your assessment of altruism . . . It would be one thing if I were 80.

For the time being, I will stick with a well-balanced, low fat, fruit/vegetable heavy diet. I will, tough, talk to my medical onc. and see if he has a comment. I'll let you know

SCC Right Tonsil, T2N1M0, Dx 12/04, Tx 40 radiation (180 rad), 8 Chemo (carbo), Tx ended 3/15/05, Selective neck dissection 5/24/05, 22 nodes, 4 levels, no evidence of metastatic malignancy!!! :-)