Leggsy........Well, you came to the right place! You'll find a wealth of information for your project just by going back and reading many of the previous posts. Also, if you go back to the Home Page and Click on People you'll find some very interesting personal stories there. You might want to read Larry's journal; not only is it informative, it is just good reading. I think then you'll be able to ask us some very specfic questions and at that point too, you'll have a better understanding of how oral cancer affects a person on all levels: physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spritually. We all have a story to tell! I, for one, would be more than happy to assist you with your project. Please feel free to e-mail me at any time. Good luck with your project! Sincerely, Donna

SCC first time 1989, with a diagnoses of 'cancer in situ' removed lesion, no other treatments.
SCC recurrence 1997 of tongue and floor of the mouth. Stage III /IV Hemmiglossectomy (removed over 60% of tongue/ floor of the mouth), free flap, modified neck, RAD and Chemo(cisplatin, 5fu) simutainously.
Cancer free 6, yes, six, years!