Dear Mark and Dinah and Deb, thank you for this. I shall hope most fervently that she is more like Mark than Dinah and Dan. You cheered me greatly, Mark, to hear it is possible to start feeling better so soon. I get the impression more people continue to get worse. It hurts to imagine her feeling more miserable than she already is; she has always had wonderful spirit and independence and love of adventure, but now she is just enduring.
As for the Peg tube, I had never heard of it until I found this forum. No one mentioned it. When she sees the physician this week I will ask about it. I am unclear about how it is inserted. I assume it requires general anesthetic, and maybe they didnt want to risk putting her through that.
As for dehydration, she is drinking tea, so at the moment that is less of a worry. But if swallowing tea becomes a problem, oh boy....

Debbie, I hope Dan does well. He must have a strong will to take 8 weeks of chemo and radiation given what I see 3 weeks of radiation only doing.I wish him the best.