Gary,

All the good news about using chemo along with and during radiation makes me wonder why it was never mentioned to me. I made my decision in July to have the surgery followed by radiation based on what my ENT and the tumor board suggested. Chemo was never mentioned. It's easy to look back and say I should have done this,or that. Even though I was a stage 4, tonsil tumor without node involement. After having a 15 hour surgery and the resulting quality of life issues I do wonder about my decision. You did so well without surgery it makes me wonder. I'm sure your quality of life issues pale compared to those who had major surgery.
Each swallow is a thought out process, each drink of milk is done over a towel. It takes me 45 minutes to eat what I used to eat in 15. My choices of food are based on if I can eat it and how long will it take, I'm having my second Pet/Cat scan next Wed the 19th. I am dreading the results. I almost feel like cancelling it and only go back if I think "It's Back".

I like hearing about survival improvements however I don't feel it will effect my odds.

Dan

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006