Minnie,

I am so touched by your message to me. Wow~ you sound like such am amazing mother and person. You are so right. I am spending a lot of time because I feel that is what I need to do. I dont want to give up. But, the good news is that my mom is going to Pain Management Center on Monday. So that is good. I try to spend time with her but she is always tired and does not feel well and does not want to do much. But my twin sister and I keep on trying. We do visit her and spend time with her. The hardest thing is watching my mother suffer. I hate it. I do want to do all I can. But you are right about those centers, etc. taking your money. We arent going to do that.

REgarding you, my mom had a weired recurrence. I hope and pray you never have a recurrance. So many people in here have NOT had recurrances. I am sure you will be fine. My mom had the same surgery as you. The jaw removed and replaced with her leg bone. She had a couple other surgeries before that and then she did the radiation which ended about 10 months ago or so. How are you doing and feeling? I know how hard it must be on you and your family and i will keep you all in my prayers. Are you feeling better and able to eat? i hope so. Minnie, I cant thank you enough for your messages. You really nailed exactly how I am feeling and how desparately i am trying to help. she has the top docs here in LA and we are meeting wtih them at the end of the month and can ask questions then. Please dont worry about you getting a recurrance. You probably wont. My mom had a tough road ahead of her.
God Bless you Minnie
Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!