Dear Patty,

I've read your post over and over tonight. I've been where you are, and I want you to know that you aren't alone. I know people will say that they know how you feel, but I honestly do.

My mother went into the hospital for a suspected kidney/bladder infection. She was diagnosed with liver and pancreas cancer instead. She was gone in twelve days.

Please take the time that you have and use it expressing anything to Dan that you haven't already.....whether positive or negative. Throw your feet up on the foot of his bed and talk to him like you always did before this horrible time. I'm so thankful that I was able to share Mom's last days in a normal way. She knew........we knew.......we all knew what was going to happen in the long-run, but we were able to laugh and enjoy each other to the end.

You have so much courage and strength. It seeps out of your postings. Stay strong for both of you, but please turn back to your friends here, when you need us.

Love you,
Mandi

Husband diagnosed with stage III tonsil and floor of mouth cancer in August 2002. Three rounds of chemo/42 RAD treatments. Upper right lung lobectomy in March 2003. (Benign)