Hello.....it was a few days before we were to go camping, my husband was shaving and came down to ask me if this lump he had seemed odd to him. I felt it, my Mom etc. We all thought it was viral, but made a Dr appt anyways, since we didn't want him sick for the trip. The Dr took the lets get the bad news out of the way, wanted to rule out Hodgkins right away. Sent him to our first ENT and we were told he had a muscle pull, gave him steroids. Well after a great camping trip, the lump (of course) was still there. Back to the ENT who seemed shocked, "was this lump this big when I saw you last??" Yes it was, the man must have been sleeping. Well he did a biopsy and it came back Tonsil Cancer, Dan said the Dr seemed more upset than he was. So gut instinct wims out everytime. Just bothers us still that his everyday doc seemed more concerned at first than this ENT.
Dan had his last Radiation and Chemo in Oct 2001, had a Head and Nect CT in Jan, clean, had his last Chest CT 4/29/2002, will find out the results on May 9th, thats the hardest part for me. The waiting.