after getting the all clear on monday, woke up this morning, got up and brushed my teeth and checked the stitches that were dissolving nicely, then i spotted quite a big lump under my tongue where the biopsy was taken.

so i just headed back up to the hospital without an appointment to try and get this checked, had to wait 2 hours which was expected as they added me on to the clinic list for today.

seen the same girl that done the biopsy who had a good look and feel about and said she reckons it could be some sort of saliva gland poking up through that she may have disturbed ??

its like a clear kind of looking bump and quite tender to the touch, said she wasnt concerned and would book me in for a local anasthetic clinic to do something to it, but said it will be 2 months and not to worry about it ???

hmmmm.

also told her about the dull the dull throat and neck pains ive been having recently and also the fact i have been feeling kind of light headed the last 2 days and again she wasnt concerned.

she has felt my neck and said theres no lumps or bumps and the biopsys of the white patches in my mouth came back benign.

she said it could be muscular in my neck and when i emphasised the light headedness she said i might be coming down with something like a bug ?

it is now 4 months since i took swallowing pain that promted the fear for me to go back to the hospital and ive realised that in all the visits to dentists, g.p and hospital not 1 person has had a look down my throat.

surely if there was something in my throat they are not going to feel it from palpating my neck.

im thinking now i know the white patches are not nasty i should chase this up and try and get a visit with an ENT to try and get to the bottom of this.

i think my mum and dad think im going crazy but i just want to get to the bottom of this and know whats happening in my throat/neck area.

thats 4 months down the line already and im slowly getting peeved off !!

thanks

Derek