Hello everyone. I've done all the research I could but could not find an answer. I recently had a mini freak out on here over some discoloring of my hard palate last week. I stil have a dentist appointment for tomorrow. But in the meantime, I now noticed my right tonsil is slightly enlarged. It looks like it is the same color as the rest of my mouth, but bigger than my left one. I had never noticed this before but really wasn't looking until I just happen to notice it. I know my girlfriend has HPV and there is a good chance I could've orally contracted it. I've heard HPV can give problems to the tonsillar area and back of tongue. Now my question: How long does it take for HPV to cause problems after getting it? I'm assuming, if I have it, I got it in June of this year. Would five months be long enough to show effects or might I just have a tonsil infection? I know this is a lot to ask and I appreciate any help. I'm still going to ask my dentist about it tomorrow regardless of responses on here. Thanks

-Justin